Free membership for Students' Unions
Last modified: 09 December 2016
Students’ unions represent the interests of the students of universities and colleges in the UK and are the ones who make their students’ voices heard. At UKCISA the ‘student voice’ is at the heart of the support we offer and Students’ unions are very much a part of our UKCISA family.
We have a range of support for students’ unions including:
- Discounted training about a range of international student experience topics, including mental health and orientation
- Information you can direct students to on your website or printed materials, including culture shock, cost of living, working and advice about accommodation
- Our online ‘Understanding International’ course featuring student experience, such as ‘what is international?’
- Online forum to share thoughts and ask for support from like-minded peers in students’ unions and others who work with international students. You can share your feedback about students’ concerns here directly with us
- Opportunity to apply for grants to conduct research or run projects into the international student experience. You can take a look at our projects and grants page for ideas or to see what we’ve previously funded. Depending on funding we plan to run these in 2017
- Discounted rate for our annual conference which features a day of relevant student experience training and networking opportunities to share any challenges or celebrate success with colleagues
- Regular e-news updates about the sector
- Publications like our international student briefing
Best of all, membership is free to students’ unions who don’t need access to our immigration and fees advice line and manual. Once you become a member, all of your colleagues –including your student officers – have access to our members’ area of the website and all the benefits above.
For those who do need access to the specialist content we offer a discounted rate of £327.
Students’ unions can apply for membership by completing our online form.