Last modified: 02 November 2017
UKCISA Members’ Seminars 2017-18
Inspiring good practice through projects and research
University of Strathclyde
23 November 2017, 1pm-4.30pm
The UKCISA Members’ Seminars are key events for anyone with interest in international student issues. They are also an important opportunity for you to develop and maintain local networks and communities and for UKCISA to keep in touch with your issues and concerns.
The Glasgow Seminar provides a fantastic opportunity to hear from colleagues who were funded by UKCISA to run a pilot project or carry out research.
The draft schedule for the day is:
Registration and buffet lunch
- Welcome: Alan Mackay, Deputy Vice-Principal International and Director of Edinburgh Global, University of Edinburgh and UKCISA Board member
- Introductory remarks: representative from the Scottish Govt (confirmed)
- Outline of the afternoon and the UKCISA projects and research scheme:
Julie Allen, Director of Policy and Services, UKCISA
Presentations, Q and A on projects and research. Hear directly from colleagues about the projects and research they have recently completed or about their work in progress and ask questions:
- Heriot Watt University: Developing an online representation training tool for global students at Heriot-Watt University
- Dundee University: International Student Web Video Information Project
- University of Glasgow: Addressing the needs of international summer school students: implications for universities of the ‘quiet revolution’ in short-term international experiences
- Edinburgh College: Volunteer for Success
- University of Strathclyde: Supporting the engagement and experience of international students in group-work activities
|| Refreshment break
|| Group discussion on applying good practice
||Conclusions, recommendations and actions
Alan Mackay, Deputy Vice-Principal International and Director of Edinburgh Global, University of Edinburgh
Who should attend?
Primary contacts may nominate up to two members per institution who attend for free (additional members may also attend if places are still available - places will be opened to all from 13 November)
- All staff who work with international students (staff in recruitment, welfare, libraries, careers, counselling, compliance, registry, academic support, teaching and learning, policy and planning and staff and/or reps from students’ unions).
- those with responsibility for enhancing the student experience in their institution
- those who are interested in developing and sharing good practice in their institution
- those who would like to submit a bid for funding from UKCISA in the future
- Manchester Members’ Seminar: 13 February 2018
- London Members’ Seminar: 12 April 2018