Basic advisory skills
Increasingly heavy work pressures for international student advisers may have led to a narrower (eg Tier 4) focus with client care becoming increasingly marginalised. This course helps to identify the benefits of holistic advice and to look at ways of achieving the balance between the needs for providing accurate advice and client care.
This course aims to help you:
- to identify and reflect on your advice and interviewing skills
- to be confident that you are dealing with international students holistically and thereby giving more effective advice and support
- to identify the main objectives of the advice process
- to identify the key stages of the advice process
- to define your role and boundaries (as an adviser)
- to understand how to develop their interviewing skills
This course is suitable for:
anyone giving advice to international students.